|Title:||Director of Homestead Investigations|
Under the general supervision of the Chief Deputy, supervises and participates in the work of a staff of technical and administrative professionals engaged in the investigation of unqualified homestead exemptions and related matters.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
· Plans, organizes and directs the activities and programs of the department.
· Provides technical expertise to department staff and technical assistance to customers, as required.
· Plans, supervises and evaluates the work of department staff and consultants, and oversee the professional development of department staff.
· Keeps abreast of legislation and general developments affecting the BCPAO, the department and department staff.
· Perform any other related duties as required or assigned.
MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS TO PERFORM WORK
· Bachelor’s degree in a closely related field.
· 10+ years of related experience and/or training, and 4 years related management experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
· Florida driver's license.
While performing the functions of this job, the employee is continuously required to stand, sit, use hands to finger, handle, or feel, reach with hands and arms, talk or hear; frequently required to walk; and the employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds, regularly lift and/or move up to 25 pounds, continuously lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision.
Supervises 3-5 non-supervisory employee(s). Departments supervised by this position include Homestead Investigations. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organizations policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring and training employees; planning, assigning and directing work; appraising performance, rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
Employees in this position organize work around broad organizational goals and processes. Their supervisor oversees their activities through regular meetings.
Employees in this position work in a safe and secure work environment that may periodically have unpredicted requirements or demands.
Employees in this position perform professional-level work dealing with data, people, and technology that relates to administrative, technical, scientific, engineering, accounting, legal, or managerial skills.
Employees in this position follow basic guidelines for operational activities. They make decisions that govern the activities and behaviors of staff members. Their work directly impacts other workers, citizens, or both.
Employees in this position over see and manage work involving multiple units. They work regularly with other managers to successfully meet the goals and objectives of their organization.---
Brevard County Property Appraiser Benefits for Both Part Time And Full Time Permanent Deputies:
- 12 Vacation Days per Year *
- 11 Paid Holidays per Year *
- 12 Sick Days per Year *
- Participation in the Florida Retirement System
- Direct Deposit
- Deferred Compensation Program
For Full-Time Deputies Only
Health & Life Insurance
Dental, Vision, and Dependent Health Insurance available at group rates
Veteran’s Preference in appointment applies when candidates are considered substantially equally qualified for a position. In that case, pursuant to Florida law, the veteran must be given preference.
FLORIDA DRUG-FREE WORKPLACE
Applicant must successfully pass a drug test before being accepted for employment. Refusal to submit to a drug test, or a positive confirmed test result, will disqualify Applicant for employment with BCPA for a period of one year. During employment Applicant will be subject to BCPA’s drug testing policy.